April 27, 2017
Here are some fresh tournament ideas from FishDonkey.
Tournament Idea #1 (My Lake/Town/School/Resort is Better than Yours)
- Create a contest where your town challenges another town, another school, another workplace, etc.
- Contact us for details on the best way to do this. One suggestion is to name your city, resort or school in your profile. Or change your avatar to that of your school mascot or your resort logo.
Tournament Idea #2 (The Resort)
- A Resort can use FishDonkey to run a weekly, monthly, or summer-long tournament for their guests. They just sign up the guests when they arrive and let the FishDonkey app do everything else. No need to mess with weigh-ins and announcements. Let the app run the tournament for you.
- You can run your own contingency sponsorship as well. E.g. if a guest is wearing your resort sweatshirt in their winning photo, they win a prize.
- The next week, just hit “Rehost” and the tournament will be all set up for you to run again. Run it every week for your guests.
Tournament Idea #3 (The Fundraiser)
- Create an event to raise awareness for heart disease, skin cancer, ALS, etc.
- This can be used as a fundraiser to fund a conservation effort on your lake
- Host an event to raise money for the girl scouts
- Use it as a fun event to teach kids to fish
Tournament Idea #4 (The Cross-Country Challenge)
- Have a group of friends in different parts of the state or country? Come up with a list of common species: e.g. largest bass, largest stringer of crappies, largest walleye, etc. Choose as many species as you want. Then, set up a tournament challenge and invite your friends to fish during a specified time. Use the app to verify all catches and leaders in real time. At the end of the challenge, the winner is the one leading in the most leaderboard categories.
- Other cross country challenge ideas: long distance bachelor party, fraternity reunion, commemorating a loved one, national company competition
Tournament Idea #5 (Teaching Kids to Fish)
- Make a tournament with multiple local species, in order to teach kids the various types of fish and have them enter their fish into specific species categories
- Use a tournament with just one category (Any fish) and then use the Wild Card to determine the winners